6 tips and ways to sell your home fast:
- List your home on a Friday. Homes listed on a Friday sell faster (81 days on the market, on average) for a price closer to their asking price (99.1 percent of the original asking price, on average) than homes listed on any other day of the week.
- Put your home on the market between April and June: April is the best month to list. Homes listed in April sell for closer to their original asking price, with a 99.2 percent sale price-to-list price ratio, compared with a 97.3 percent ratio for homes listed in December. The period of March through June had the largest percentage of homes that sold within 90 days
- Price your home right the first time. In the first week that a listing goes on the market, it receives nearly four times more visits on real estate websites than it does a month later. How do you know how to price things right to sell a home quickly? Be reasonable about comps—the prices that houses nearby have sold—and price your home competitively, if not slightly below market.
- Use professional photos in your listing. Listings with photos taken with professional photography equipment sold for prices considerably closer to their asking price than those photographed with point-and-shoot photos.
- Get rid of the clutter. A smart suggestion is to rent one of those PODS, and move all storage items from the garage and basement into them.
- Have your home professionally staged. Having sold, shown and held open houses, I always find when homes are staged professionally they sell faster. An article on the Realtor.org blog cites these stats: “Statistics gathered by Stagedhomes.com shows that 94.6 percent of homes staged by an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP) sell within 33 days, compared to an average of 196 days for homes that are not staged. Homes staged by ASPs stay on the market 83 percent less time than a home that has not been staged.” Spending a couple thousand to have the house staged at its original price probably does pay off in the long run.
A couple of take home points:
Seller staging cost is less than a home price reduction
Clutter Eats Equity
We are to Sell the space, not the clutter
Kitchen is the money room
An experienced Realtor who prices a home competitively for market value and markets a
home properly will Sell a home quicker.
If you’ve sold your home lately and have tips on how you were able to sell a home quickly, I’d love to hear them.
At the present time if your home has not sold quickly …let’s get together and strategize my best marketing exposure to get that SOLD sign in front of your home! Contact Connie McGregor directly 480-528-0097 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By the way, I do list homes in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Phoenix Metro, Arcadia, Carefree, Cave Creek, …even in other niche communities! Love to help you SELL your home fast!